It’s amazing to read a quote and be thought provoked or feel a connection. Here’s a list of my favourite quotes (fitness and general).
1) They say it’s 70% diet and 30% exercise. Incorrect. It’s 100% effort to your diet, exercise and everything else.
2) The harder I work, the luckier I get!
3) PUSH YOURSELF. No body else is going to do it for you.
4) Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body – Joseph Addison
5) Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn’t formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them. – Lee Haney
6) To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise. – Gene Tunney
7) Your workouts are important meetings you’ve scheduled with yourself. BOSSES don’t cancel!
8) You shall gain, but you shall pay with sweat, blood, and vomit.- Pavel Tsatsoulin
9) Your health account, your bank account, they’re the same thing. The more you put in, the more you can take out. Exercise is king and nutrition is queen. Together you have a kingdom.- Jack LaLanne
10) You don’t get the ass you want by sitting on it.
11) Each day we are born again. What we do today matters the most.
12) Strive for progress, not perfection. – Unknown
13) Your fitness is 100% mental. Your body won’t go where your mind doesn’t push it to!
14) Treat training the way the sculptor treats a statue. One chip at a time. One chip is nothing. Put 10,000 chips on the floor and you’ve made a difference. Patience. – Matt Perryman
15) The squat is the perfect analogy for life. It’s about standing back up after something heavy takes you down. – Unknown
1) You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky
2) Either you run the day or the day runs you. – Jim Rohn
3) NO! – Rosa Parks
3) Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. – Bob Marley
4) The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lau Tsu
5) Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve. – Napoleon Hill
6) Only two things are infinite, the Universe and Human stupidity and I’m not sure about the former. – Albert Einstein
7) No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
8) The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline. -Steve Smith
9) I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. -Michael Jordan
10) I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. – Jerome K Jerome
11) A man learns all his life, and dies the day he thinks that he has learnt everything. – Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
12) Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. ― Eleanor Roosevelt
13) To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. – Fred Shero
14) Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. – Buddha
15) I am such a Lunatic that I am free even in Jail. – Bhagat Singh
16) Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. – Confucius
17) We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. – Aristotle
18) The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
19) The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. – St. Augustine
20) I wish there was a way to know you’re in the good old days before you’ve actually left them. – Andy Bernard